Vodafone expands 4G EuroTraveller data roaming to Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece
Summer 2014 has just got a little bit more connected if you are a Vodafone user, as the UK Network has announced that they will be expanding their 4G roaming services to 4 new EU Countries, making it easier to stay connected whilst abroad. Vodafone has expanded its 4G roaming services to cover customers travelling to four additional EU destinations.
Vodafone users can now access the super-fast mobile broadband in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece as long as they are on one of Vodafone pay-monthly deals as part of the EuroTraveller scheme.
EuroTraveller basically allows users use their UK data allowance abroad from £2 per day, and thus giving users 4G connectivity whilst in the available countries for a discount rate. The current £2-per-day mode only available until August 31st though, after which all data usage will be charged at the network’s Europe Zone rates.
On the EuroTraveller site Vodafone lists off the perks of the service as:
- No monthly commitment
- Use your standard UK minutes, texts and data allowance with the confidence you do at home
- Without EuroTraveller, the usual international rates apply to receive calls abroad.
- You won’t pay a penny to receive calls or texts (excluding premium texts). Without EuroTraveller, the usual international rates apply to receive calls abroad.
- If you use all your UK monthly allowance, you’ll only pay standard UK charges
- You’ll only be charged on the days you use your phone (midnight to 23:59, local time).
- Keep track of your account while you’re there, with the My Vodafone app
- If you get close to your data limit, we’ll send you a text to let you know. Just like when you’re in the UK.
Currently Vodafone’s Europe Zone covers 40 countries, including France, Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands, Turkey, Ireland and the new additions of Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece.