How To: Re-calibrate your Kinect sensor – Free Calibration Card!
Microsoft’s latest gaming innovation the Kinect Motion controller system for the Xbox 360 is a bit of a sensation with over 8 million sold worldwide and it only being out for 4 months it looks like the big M are onto a bit of a winner.
But one of the big issues with selling a device to all is that everyone is not the same shape and size and some users are experiencing issues with the connect recognising users and thus being inaccurate or sluggish.
This is fixable however as users who bought the Kinect Adventures game will know that in the box for the game there is a calibration card makes sure you can re-calibrate your Kinect sensor and for all those who haven’t got a Kinect Adventures then we have a handy printable version for you below.
Note: Print out the full image on one A4 piece of paper
Follow our step by step guide:
- Turn on your Xbox 360 (with the Kinect all connected up).
- Using your Xbox 360 controller press the Xbox Guide button.
- Scroll down to Kinect Tuner and press the A button.
- Scroll down to Calibration and press the A button.
- Now hold up the Calibration Card in front of the Kinect and move the card forward, backward, or sideways until the eyes on your card are matched to the glasses on the screen.
The edges of the calibration card should match the rectangle on screen
- Once lined up hold still until the onscreen green box fills up.
- Then repeat steps 5 and 6 until the calibration is complete.
Your Kinect will now be re-calibrated.