How to Connect Xbox One Kinect to Xbox One S
The Xbox One S has arrived!
Microsoft’s latest, slimmest, smallest and sleekest Xbox went on sale this week in a full-fat 2TB version, giving players their first taste of 4K next gen gaming. But as many have noted there seems to be a slight hitch when trying to use last season’s Kinect sensor which was designed for use with the previous Xbox One.Xbox One S connects to some external devices including the Kinect upgrading users will need a special Kinect Adapter to bridge the gap between sensor and new console. Fortunately, if you already own an Xbox One, Kinect and have just bought and Xbox One S, Microsoft will send you out the required adaptor for free! (Otherwise sold separately for Xbox One newcomers.)
Once you have your Xbox One S, Kinect and Kinect Adapter please follow these handy setup steps provided by Xbox Support:
Step 1: Set up the adapter
- Plug the wall plug into the power supply.
- Insert the round connector of the power supply into the Kinect hub.
- Insert the Kinect sensor cable into the Kinect hub.
- Insert the included USB cable into the Kinect hub. You’re now ready to connect the adapter to your console.
Step 2: Connect the adapter to the Xbox One S console
- Insert the USB 3.0 cable into the left USB port labelled “Kinect” on the back of the console. Your Kinect sensor is now ready to be set up on your console.
- For best practice, make sure your Kinect sensor and Kinect Adapter are not sitting directly on top of your console.
- On your console, scroll left to the Guide and select Settings.
- Select All settingsand scroll down to Kinect & devices
- Select Kinectand follow the instructions to set up your sensor.
The Gadget Helpline offers support on a wide range of smartphone makes and models from Apple iPhone to Samsung Galaxy and more, as well as any household tech and devices! Give us a call today, or check out our membership benefits and sign up for a 30-day trial!