Gamescom 2013: Sony to announce PS4 release date and info tomorrow
Sony have announced that they will be releasing the Ps4 full pricing and release date plans this week at the Gamescom 2013 event in Cologne where the company will reveal the release date for its incoming Sony Playstation 4 console.
Sony have put up an official statement on their community website stating that they will be at the weeklong event at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany where they will kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Sony have also said they will be showing off the PS4 in full at the Gamescon event to the public and will be leading for PS4 gamers the way as they will get to try out the next generation console and games for the first time.
We already know that the PS4 wil be priced at £349.99 here in the UK for the basic console but there have been no Bunlde pricing information and no official pricing of any extra controllers, Playstation Eye Accesorie or how much games will cost. But what we are mostly interested in is the actual release date of the console. Many stores have guessed at release dates and most agree the PS4 will be landing around the first week of December, but with Sony and Microsoft both looking to launch a new console in Q4 before the Christmas period, timing is crucial.
Sony have also offered a host of ways to follow their Gamescon 2013 coverage by checking out many of its social media and events coverage:
- Watch the press conference live at eu.playstation.com/gamescom.
- Set your sights on PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com for all the latest news.
- Get daily updates from Sony’s team at facebook.com/SonyPlayStation.
- Go behind the scenes with them at instagram.com/PlayStation.
- Watch the latest trailers and videos on the official YouTube channel atyoutube.com/sonyplaystation.
- Enjoy the show and let Sony know what you think at twitter.com/PlayStationEU using the hash tag #PlayStationGC.
Gamescon 2013 runs from the 21st to the 25th of Aug and we will be running all of the big news coming out of the last big gaming event of the year, and with Sony and Microsoft looking to get things in motion for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 consoles, it’s looking to be a very good week!