How to: Connect a PS3 controller to an OUYA console
We have an OUYA… Ohhhhh Yaaaaaaa!
Sadly though we, like many others, have the basic OUYA setup which comprises of 1 x Console and 1 x controller, but after scouring the OUYA discovery section to find some of the great games people have been discussing it seems a second controller is needed to get the most of the console.
Thankfully it’s not all doom and gloom as the OUYA console is in fact Bluetooth enabled which means that gamers with a PS3 controller can expand their controls with the use of your PS3 wireless controller.
Ever keen to help, we have a handy guide on how to connect a Sony PS3 controller to an OUYA Android gaming console:
- Turn your OUYA on and make sure you have at least one OUYA controller paired
- Plug your PS3 Controller into your OUYA using a mini-USB to standard USB cable
- Hold down the home button on your PS3 controller. This should take you back to the OUYA home screen. Make sure the PS3 controller is working by using it to navigate the menus. You will also note that the OUYA controller has been disconnected and won’t pair. This is because plugging in the PS3 controller on USB turns off Bluetooth.
- To solve this, first completely power down your OUYA. You can do this by either holding down the power button on the top of the console for 5 seconds (recommended) or unplugging the power cable.
- Unplug the PS3 controller from the mini-USB wire, and unplug the same wire from the OUYA.
- Turn the OUYA back on. When it finishes booting up, you should see the usual pairing screen appear
- Hold down the home button on the PS3 controller as you would with a normal OUYA controller to pair it. Other OUYA controllers should now also pair
All steps complete, it’s time to assassinate your friends on Hidden in Plain Sight or Blow them up with BombSquad.