Home » Operating Systems » Apple iOS » Caught on Video: iPhone Explodes in Man’s Pocket

Caught on Video: iPhone Explodes in Man’s Pocket

[tab name=’News’]

 

As our phones become smarter, we’re noticing a shocking trend in the number of phones overheating and even exploding. We’ve seen the aftermath pictures, but this time an exploding iPhone has been caught on CCTV camera.

A 17 year old Finnish man named Henri Helminen was parking his van up at a depot, minding his own business. He then steps out of the van, takes a couple of steps and suddenly a cloud of smoke erupts from his pocket – his iPhone had spontaneously combusted in the back pocket of his jeans.

The video footage, captured by a CCTV camera above the van, shows the serious amount of smoke filling the air as the man hurls his iPhone to the floor. Another man comes out to investigate, and when trying to pick up the phone it seems he can’t touch it.

Looking back over our coverage of mobile phones exploding it seems that iPhones are the most common – plus a recent Galaxy SIII burn-out which didn’t seem quite as serious as this incident. Lithium batteries can be known to overheat or worse, combust, but this incident seems out of the ordinary – especially given that the phone is a mere 90 days old.

9to5mac points out that the incident took place not too far from rival Nokia’s headquarters in Finland, which could point towards some sort of viral sabotage. We’ll be keeping an eye on this one to see how it pans out. Check out the video below to see what went down and let us know what you think.

Let us know your thoughts on our comments below or via our @Gadget_Helpline Twitter page or Official Facebook group.

Via: 9to5mac
[/tab]
[end_tabset]

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Post a comment

*

Your email address will not be shared or made public.

*

twenty + seven =