Battlefield 4 patch released for Xbox One gamers
DICE, the developers of Battlefield 4, have confirmed that a brand new patch has been released for the FPS game today for the Xbox One console specifically. The new patch is the same as the fix that was sent out to PC and PS4 users last week and will bring a host of updates to the game to make things run smoother.
In a blog post DICE state:
“We have started rolling out a new Battlefield 4 update for Xbox One. You may experience some downtime while this update is being deployed. Change notes below.”
- Various fixes for improving general stability
- Fixed various random deadlocks (the so called “sound loop crash”)
- Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
- Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam
- Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open
- Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
- Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
- China Rising: Fixed animation glitch for motorbike passengers ocuring when aiming
- Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons
- Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
- Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
- Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
- Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
- Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons in the scoreboard would not be updated
- Fixed issue with soldier health showing 1 HP in killcard instead of 0 HP
- Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
- Reduced the risk of single player campaign save file becoming corrupt
That’s a pretty big list of changes, but most of them are slight updates to resolve user’s issues. Since the game’s release gamers have faced plenty of connection issues, crashes and bugs across platforms, but in the last few months DICE have done a lot of patching and is fixing the game as time goes on. Some of the issues have been so apparent that DICE has had to put on hold on any future development of the Battlefield 4 game including DLC packs, unfortunately.
This will undoubtedly be another bugbear for fans of the game as they will now have to wait even longer to expand on the game using DLC, as rival franchise Call of Duty gets ready to launch new maps and weapons with another DLC pack for Ghosts.
The update should be available now to Xbox One users when they load Battlefield 4 with a internet connected Xbox One.