Asus Eee Pad Slider Tablet Launching in September
It looks as though we’re finally going to see the long awaited Asus Eee Pad Slider arriving in the UK next month, accompanied by some free Cloud storage space for those who buy the tablet.
The Eee Pad Slider was first announced right at the start of the year at the CES event in Las Vegas, along with the very popular Eee Pad Transformer tablet which has been on sale in the UK for a few months now.
Like the Eee Pad Transformer, the Slider runs Android Honeycomb 3.1 software and has a netbook-style full QWERTY keyboard – though unlike the Transformer, the keyboard of the Slider is built in and slides out from beneath the screen.
We were expecting the Eee Pad Slider to launch this month, but were told by Asus at the beginning of July that the tablet would face delays until “autumn”.
Notebookitalia.it reports that Acer has confirmed a September release for the Eee Pad Slider in Italy, which by all accounts should make it pretty certain that the UK will see the tablet at the same time.
We’re also hearing that the 16GB and 32GB models should be priced at €479 and €599 respectively, which should equate to pretty much the same in Pounds Sterling.
The official specifications have also been unveiled for the Eee Pad Slider:
- Operating System: Android 3.1 (guaranteed upgrade to Android 3.2)
- Display: 10.1 “LED backlight WXGA (1280×800), IPS technology with viewing angles of 178 degrees, multitouch capacitive to 10 points of contact, anti-scratch coating glass-Gorilla Glass
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra 2
- Memory: 1GB
- Storage: ASUS 16GB/32GB eMMC + Unlimited Web Storage
- Networking: WLAN 802.11 b / g / email@example.comGHz , Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR
- Camera: 1.2-Megapixel front and rear 5 Megapixel
- Audio: High Quality Speaker, SRS Sound Supreme, integrated microphone
- Ports: 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x Mini HDMI, 1 x Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-In)
- Expansion: Micro SD Card Reader
- Sensors: G-sensor, light sensor, gyro, digital compass, GPS
- Software: ASUS Launcher, MyLibrary, MyNet, myCloud, file manager, Kindle books, Zinio Magazine PressReader, Polaris Office, ASUS sync
- Battery: 25Wh Li-Polymer, up to 8 hours of battery life in video playback in 720p
- Colors: Brown, White
- Dimensions: 273 x 180.3 x 17.3 mm
- Weight: 960 g
From the specifications above, the Eee Pad Slider looks to be promising. The inclusion of myCloud will bring Cloud storage to users, meaning they can store their files online and access them via Wi-Fi, rather than using the tablet’s memory.
Do you like the sound of the Eee Pad Slider? Let us know what you think about it in the comments below.
Don’t forget to follow our Twitter Page for news, tips and reviews on the latest and greatest gadgets.